One week I broke down in a fit of lazy and bought the already made and frozen PB&J sandwiches from the store. And the boys liked them. But I realized that they are not only are they expensive ($4.50 for a box of 4) but also tiny with their little crusts cut off--- G could eat the whole box of 4 for an appetizer. So I figured that I could take a whole loaf of bread, PB&J from home and make my own. I set out to do this yesterday. A whole loaf of bread.
Spread all bread with a thin layer of PB-- don't want the jelly leaking through as it thaws.
Sandwich them and cut if desired. At this point you could cut off the crusts but I don't. Eventually a boy will be hungry enough to eat anything and will eat the crusts. Leaving them on gives them the option and I am lazy.
Wrap in plastic and freeze. If you have someone who doesn't like a certain flavor of jelly you will want to mark them somehow. Not rocket science, but I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier. I made 10 sandwiches for about $4. That is 6 or 7 lunches worth-- remember G, huge eater right now.
So where does the lazy part come in? Well, I still have the old lunchbox system set up where I fill items once a week and they are set to make lunches
so this gives them one more option while extending the number of days I can cover after I refill all their supplies. They make lunches until there are no items left in the supply then I restock. Maybe this is more than you need to know about me. Perhaps I should have left you with your Martha-esque delusions.
love and hugs, B
No comments:
Post a Comment