Knit, knit.... 4 inches into the scarf: This looks a bit wide for a scarf. It will make sense when it gets more length.
Knit, knit, knit....8 inches later: This still looks really wide. I will just keeping working.
Knit, knit, knit....5 inches later: This is crazy way too wide for a scarf. But if I stop now it is wasted.
Knit, knit, knit....2 inches later: TOO WIDE. OH NO!!
Knit, knit, knit...1 inch later: STOP!! TOO WIDE!!!
Knit, knit, knit... 1 inch later: WHY ARE YOU STILL KNITTING!!?? IT IS HORRRIBLE!! STOP KNITTING!!!
Knit, knit, knit.... 1 inch later: STOP KNITTING!! This is never going to look right. You are driving yourself crazy knitting something that looks so stupid.
At this point I stopped knitting. Finally. I finished both ends and took a look at the piece I had. 12 inches wide and 24 inches long. As it turns out I had looked at hand knit bags last time in my knitting shop. If you fold that piece just right it makes a lovely little purse.
If there is a moral to the story, it could be: listen to the crazy voices in your head.
Perhaps the moral is: there are no mistakes.
Perhaps: see the glass as half full instead of half empty-- in this case look past the weird scarf to the pretty hand knit bag.
Today G and I found a "big leaf tree" near our house. The size of these leaves is really funny because they don't even look real. The stems of the leaves look like small branches. Enclosing a pick of G and M playing peek-a-boo with some big leaves.
love and hugs and Happy Fall to All,
B 
No comments:
Post a Comment