WOW! This has to be the ultimate in self indulgence. Let me praise myself for my narcissistic blog.
Let me summarize what I have said in the last 2 years: look at me! look at my kids! look at my garden! watch videos of my kids! listen to me complain! look where we went! see what we did! me! me! me!
Yep, that's about it.
Why did I start this thing? Well, the actual idea began as a joke at a party in our old neighborhood right before we left: JW,CW,and DF said I should start a web site and call it NUTBUS (our license plate from VA). Thus the idea was planted in my (very little) brain. And it slowly grew while I unpacked boxes and missed everyone in VA. I knew I wanted to keep in touch with all our friends, but blanket email of what we were up to was not going to do it. I will also be the first to say pen pal type writing and I are not meant to be. Phone calls to everyone? There are only so many hours in a day and coordinating the 3 hour time change can be a challenge. Then as I stored things away I came across my papers from college; I loved writing. I emphasized in English for my teaching degree so I could take lots of writing classes. And then the 2 ideas came together (I told you I had a little brain--- 2 ideas cannot enter at the same time without bumping into each other). This keeps everyone who wants to know what we are up to updated while not subjecting an email list to my constant ramblings. I can include pics/video of the kids for grandparents (and others--hello lurkers!). I get to pretend to be a writer and photographer. People who want to see, see. People who don't, don't.
I remember the night I decided to start: I should have been making dinner when I went in the office to look up how I would start a blog. The sign up was so easy that I signed up, wrote the first post, and loaded pictures in a bit over an hour {dinner ended up late}. Two years, 189 posts, countless pictures, and a few videos of the munchkins bring us to today.
Thanks for reading my self-indulgent, run-on sentence filled blog.
Happy Blogiversary! B
2 comments:
Thank you for sharing your life with us! I know it's a great way to keep in touch with those you love - you got me started!! Besides, you're right, it is all about you and your boys. I love you for it.
A
And we're so glad that idea grew! Keep it coming!
Hugs,
Jill
Post a Comment