Tuesday, September 28, 2010

End of September MishMash

September was a bit light on posts. Adjusting to school (with big kids beginning 2 weeks before M) and just keeping things going takes some time. When I downloaded pics from the camera today, I found a mishmash from the past couple of weeks.
First, this is what happens when you hand a first grader a soap crayon in the tub. The story was so long he wrapped it onto the other side of the tub. G loves making up stories and I love it when I can decode his story easily and not make him feel bad when I can't figure out words.

Last weekend we met up with some of M's preschool class at a park here they have models railroads set up. Not the small size, the larger size--rideable. E was determined not to be into it and to be miserable, but once he saw them he couldn't help but smile and was the first to ask to ride again. M was excited about the trains, but also interested to see his teacher outside of class. He wondered how she had ridden all the way from school on her bike (that would be 20 miles; in his mind she lives at school since she is a teacher--isn't that where all teachers live). The ride was fun and we are going to try to go back if the weather is pretty on an October Saturday.



Finally, there are flower pictures. Aren't there always flower pictures. I am trying to decide if I should make some photos into note cards to give for Christmas gifts like I did last year. I have so many photos to choose from and need to find a service that would let me print a variety pack of cards instead of having to order a dozen of each photo. I'll add that to my list of things to do. Perhaps it should be top of the list in case we get to move before Christmas. Pics are of aster, mum, and autumn joy sedum; sedum is my favorite because it looks interesting close up.





love and hugs, B

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope you guys move before Christmas!!! :( The pictures are gorgeous. miss you!