- As I have written in the past 2 newsletters : you must contact the ACC BEFORE you begin an improvement to your property. Before means prior to, not during, not after, not as the concrete mixer arrives at your door. Before means submit your plan and give them a couple of days to look it over. Come on, you've heard the word BEFORE right?
- If you park your boat in front of your house longer than 24 hours, I am either going to have it towed or tip off the vandals who have been through our neighborhood and leave a box of spray paint out for them. Your choice. Do I seem touchy? Try fielding complaints from the 46 neighbors who have to drive around your boat or look at it parked there all summer.
- I know you are disappointed that the speed limit is 25 in our neighborhood. Going 45 gets you home 3 seconds faster, but the clunk of my kid hitting your bumper at 45mph could really be a downer.....and the drag from that body hung on your bumper is going to slow you down more.
- If you plan a party I know you are considerate about the noise and parking, but your teenage kid who throws it while you are out of town is not.
- The sight, smell and squish of your dog's poop under my shoe is disgusting. When it is roasting in the sun it is that much more delightful. Should I let my kids relieve themselves on your lawn? No, probably not since you do not pick up within your own yard and no one within three houses can be outside without waves of nausea.
Most of these should be prefaced with "Now folks". Yes, this is pent up rage from writing politely in the neighborhood newsletter for nearly a year. Trying to write all polite and politically correct is tiring and frustrating and sometimes a really fun challenge. How many ways can I say 'pick up after your furry mutt'? Has anyone noticed that the covenants sited each issue are the same? Does anyone even read the silly thing?
love and hugs and thank you for letting me vent, B
No comments:
Post a Comment